This article is on which workouts in my opinion will be great for someone that is just starting a new Keto diet. I am not trying to say that only some workouts will work while on keto. When you are starting a new diet. People seem to focus on the food, and that is understandable since it can be rough at first. However I can tell you from experience how pleasurable it can be to get healthy, it was on my journey and the key was movement. In this article I will tell you 5 things you should think about when you are picking a new type of exercise to do on your keto journey.
In this article I am assuming you don’t already have a movement practice. A lot time when someone is unhealthy, the last thing they think of is to push your body to its limits. All sports push you to your limits and that is the funnest part of any sport of fitness practice. But now that you feel better after having started a new diet, be it Keto, Paleo or whatever else I can also assume that you feel much better. Here are the five things you should consider before you start a new sport of fitness program.
5 things to consider when picking up a new sport of fitness practice.
- Where did the sport come from? Its important to know the origins of a sport because this will make you deeper research more easy to find. For example, if a sport was designed by a reputable source but then was later changed by a less reputable person trying to capitalize, thereby rendering it less effective.
- Once you have verified # 1 then as you continue your search make sure that other sources are are telling the same story. Look for trademarks. Some fitness practices like MovNat and Crossfit have centralized directories where you can verify that the person you contact has been trained appropriately and to what level.
- Visit the gym or meet with the coach to ask questions. Try to meet with the owner one on one if possible.
- One important question to ask the gym or trainer is, what diets are does your program recommend. You should let the trainer know that as a Keto Dieter you are trying to regain your health naturally and dont desire any weight loss supplements.
- On your visit to the gym or with a trainer try to get a sense for whether you feel a good and friendly vibe. This us important because as you get healthy you will want to spend more time working out.
One good option is to learn something that you can do anywhere, especially at home.
It might seem easier for some to just join a gym that is well equipped and plenty of knowledgeable trainers around. But one thing people often overlook is that their own life is already pretty busy. If your life is busy that unfortunately is not something you can just ignore. This is why I wanted to point out an option that not many people know is available. There are sports that cab be learned easily which you can do in your own home or while traveling with minimal or no equipment. Here are 2 things you can look into.
2 thing you can easily do at home with little equipment.
- Running and trail running. Yes you may never have dreamed that you could be a runner but you never felt so good. This sport can be learned by reading many great books written by super athletes and by the way, why not listen to the book while your run?
- Natural movement Fitness ie: Movnat. https://www.movnat.com/ This physical fitness form is based on the movements that humans were meant to do. Learning this fitness regimen will teach you why the modern environment is so mal adapted to what we are naturally. There are great video courses online to learn the basics of natural movement. At first you will be confined to what the video shows you, But once you get the gist you will see how easy and versatile it really is.
As a student of the Kresser Institutes Adapt Academy for Health Coaching I received extensive training in Functional Health— which uses an ancestral approach to diet, physical activity, sleep, and stress management. Along with that I had extensive training in the Art and Science of Mindfulness and Meditation.
As a person living in today’s fast and lose society I often hear how hard it is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Its understandable of course when you take into account that we often have to spend hours commuting and often have responsibilities with work and family. Then when we take time to actually do for ourselves we often cant seem to accomplish all that we set out to do.
I would propose that its not how fast you able to accomplish this task. Its more likely that you spent some of that time in a mind movie. Thinking about a loved one or a project left undone at work. This thinking is usually unnecessarily troubling. Usually those issues can wait. If it were a real emergency you would be there.
Our brains are so powerful that thoughts actually affect you physiologically. You may have felt your heart rate increasing when thinking of something troubling or even watching a scary movie. This affect is actually a brain feature rather than a defect. Even though you are not in any real danger you body reacts according to your scary thought.
Unhelpful thoughts can be troubling to you physically but more importantly for this blog post its can also get in the way your journey to better health and in particular with the potential results you could have with the help of a health coach. Here are the 3 fives of Using mindfulness to accomplish health goals:
Since coaching is billed by the hour its important to get value out of every second of it. A skillful coach will help you maintain focus by making sure you are fully checked in to the coaching session:
5 ways mindfulness will help you get more our of coaching:
- A coach that is knowledgeable about mindfulness will always make this the center of any health improvement plan because he is aware to the immense benefit it would be for his clients.
- A successful session with a coach often incorporates a short mindfulness practice either during or immediately before a session. This will help you have clear mind so that you can fully be aware your own thoughts, need and feelings.
- If you as a client can reduce time sucking and unhelpful thinking throughout the day you will have more time to accomplish the goals you set with a coach.
- A skillful coach can help you be more skillful at doing everyday task more mindfuly. With this new skill, accomplishing your health goals will become much easier.
- Although a coach should never assign a client too many tasks to accomplish, a client can learn to be more efficient through out the day by spending less time thinking unhelpful thoughts.
If a client seems to be having trouble accomplishing the goals we set for him or her I often find that we decide tightening up the clients mindfulness practice is a good place to start remedying the issue the client may be having. Often I suggest the following tips:
5 helpful tips to help you begin living mindfully
- Wear jewelry, like a wedding ring. is not just fashionable it is also a helpful object that is easily accessible to use anywhere and anytime you start having unhelpful thoughts. Simply tap the ring which reminds you to push away unhelpful thinking.
- Take extra time ans care to look around your surroundings, noticing details that you would have missed by just casually passing by. This ocupies the mind and helps you be aware of your own power to control thinking.
- Get adequate sleep and eat adequately, a satiated mind is more open to helpful thinking.
- Take little body check-in breaks throughout the day. This could be a dancing, doing yoga or even praticing a golf swing. Take note of every detail, how your body is feeling and performing.
- Try an electric toothbrush, sometimes as soon as we wake up our minds go to the tasks you would like to get to throughout the day. An electric toothbrush will help focus your mind at the task at hand.
Accomplishing health goals can be challenging to do alone. That is why I recomend using the services of a health coach like myself. But even if your not ready to seek out a health coach, dont let this stop you from trying a mindfulness practice.
Here are 5 reasons why:
5 Mindfulness advantages.
- Mindfulness helps you avoid useless thoughts
- Mindfulness helps you be more present for the things that are important
- Things accomplished mindfully are more enjoyable both during and after completion
- Mindfullness helps you get more out of your day
- You can learn new skills more easily. Often we delay doing new tasks because of unnecesary fears and thinking.
With the help of my lovely wife Felicitas and the cooperation of my amazing daughter I am now in the midst of creating this business. Even though the internet has existed for most of my life time I have never had a blog or website. I am really excited about about the journey ahead. If your wondering what I will be posting about. The things that really fascinate me are related to optimizing human cognition, natural movement and of course.. food! Wish me luck. Thank you.